KOP-mistr
!
!
Kraj: Ljubljana
Kontakt:

Lip readers

Odgovor Napisal/-a KOP-mistr » 02.03.2006 16:45

[quote]Liverpool use lip-reader to counter racism charge
LIVERPOOL reacted furiously yesterday after police confirmed that they had launched an investigation in the wake of claims by deaf football fans that they lip-read Steve Finnan racially abusing Patrice Evra, the Manchester United defender, during the teams’ Barclays Premiership match at Old Trafford in late January.

Two fans contacted Greater Manchester Police (GMP) independently to complain that they had lip-read a racist taunt while watching the match on television. Officers have taken witness statements and were continuing to review footage of the game yesterday. Finnan, who stringently denies the allegation, has not been arrested or charged.

The news sparked outrage at Liverpool, who, incensed that neither they nor Finnan had been contacted by GMP, employed the services of a lip-reader yesterday afternoon to study tape of the game, which was played on January 22. “We have had that video analysed by a lip-reader and there is absolutely no evidence to support this outrageous slur against our player,â€ÂÂ
EPIC SWINDLER AND INTERNET TERRORIST

mchaggis
!
!
Kraj: Lublana
Kontakt:

Lip readers

Odgovor Napisal/-a mchaggis » 02.03.2006 17:10

Ta yesterday je sicer že precej nazaj :)

So pa mal smešni...
:sucks:

kop
Tardeči
Tardeči
Kraj: Škofja Loka

Lip readers

Odgovor Napisal/-a kop » 02.03.2006 21:51

Steve Finnan has today strongly denied claims that he racially abused Patrice Evra during Liverpool's Premiership clash at Manchester United in January.
Two fans made the accusations to Manchester police that they had lip-read Finnan using a racist taunt while watching the game on television.

The allegation has since been rejected by Liverpool officials after they employed a lip-reader to study video evidence from the game, with a club spokesman saying 'there's absolutely no evidence to back up this outrageous slur'.

Finnan admits he has been hurt by the accusations and insists he would never use such language.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I was astonished when I heard of the accusations and I categorically deny them.

"It was disappointing to read the stories in the press. To suggest I would use racist language is very hurtful.

"I don't really feel I should have to come out and say I didn't say this or I didn't say that, but because of what has been said and written I think it's important I do respond and set the record straight. I didn't say what has been alleged. It's all lies."
jst osebno ne verjamem da bi bil finnan rasist...

Zlatko
Tardeči
Tardeči

Lip readers

Odgovor Napisal/-a Zlatko » 04.03.2006 20:32

Nič
Shanks remastered:
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a galvanised bastion for hedge fund sustainability."

Zaklenjeno